Monday, March 19, 2007

Introduction

Welcome to my blog. I am Nicholas Onyszczak and am a resident of the 3rd Ward of the City of Crest Hill, Illinois. I am aiming this blog at fellow residents of Crest Hill and surrounding communities, so I do not plan to go into basic background information on the community, however if you are not familiar with it please feel free to e-mail me at onyszczak@gmail.com

A little more about me.... I am running for alderman in the 3rd Ward as a write-in candidate. I would be running on the ballot except that one of the incumbents was afraid of democracy and had the citizens of her ward ignored and my name removed from the ballot. I am a former City Administrator of a different community, but now work in the private sector and look to public service as a civic duty instead of a career. However, I still bring with me a strong background in city management.

I plan to use this as a forum for addressing current and upcoming city issues. Regardless of the outcome of the election on April 17th, I will still be here. There are many issues in Crest Hill that need discussion and there is a strong need for PUBLIC discussion, so I hope that I can help to provide that.